[sword-devel] Summer of Code apps due next month

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Tue Feb 19 18:03:22 MST 2013

> Re: Google Summer of Code
>
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2013/help_page
>
> I strongly suspect Google would sponsor activity related to recent 'cloud based notes with personal cloud option' technology recently discussed.

If someone has time to write up a proposal, that could be fun? Ideally it would be in C++ so as to be cross-platform for a majority of our apps? (Java could also work, but wouldn't benefit me! Altho once a spec was written, porting it back to C++ hopefully wouldn't be too hard.)

> I would also love to see a projector driving app for android to sit on top of one of these $30 android computer things ( with options to go free or CCLI for lyrics.)   Sounds like it might be a good fit for Crosswire to host..

I have heard there is something like this for the iPad? At least, I bounced some emails back and forth with a guy who was doing one, but they weren't prepared to work within the GPL licence & so we stopped communicating when they realised they'd have to write their own Bible display code rather than integrate our stuff.
If anyone emails me privately, I may be inspired to look up those old emails...