[sword-devel] VerseMgr ---> VersificationMgr

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 07:49:34 MST 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Troy A. Griffitts <scribe at crosswire.org>wrote:

> One last rename for this release.  I've changed the class VerseMgr to
> VersificationMgr.  "VerseMgr" did not communicate well enough the intention
> of the class.  I found myself referring to this class as VersificationMgr
> too often, all to find that I initially named it VerseMgr.  My apologies.
>  Since this is mostly an internal-use class, I haven't tried to think how
> to deprecate an entire class in favor of a new name.  I'm not sure if this
> was exposed to the binding, (it probably shouldn't be), but if so, they
> need to be updated.

The CMake scripts have been updated to reflect this change and the SWIG
bindings have been updated as well.

I disagree that having VersificationMgr hidden is wise. While they might
not be necessary for client apps focused on display, it is very reasonable
to have a script try to access this data. My sample av11n.py script in the
repository make such access. Other than BPBible, the bindings serve as the
point of contact for a number of useful scripts which do things that
applications like BPBible, Xiphos, etc are not attempting to do. Access to
the VersificationMgr definitely permits more such access than limiting it.

--Greg