[sword-devel] FTP, JSword and Xiphos

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Feb 18 07:41:00 MST 2013

It has long been known that JSword uses HTTP to get CrossWire's zip files as its only download mechanism. It used to have FTP but it was flaky on Windows.

I'm in the process of adding it back in, but realized that it too only goes after the zip files. So I've now got "proper" code to get the files individually.

And it works on all the repos except Xiphos. I can't seem to connect via ftp at all, even from the command line. Is this my problem or Xiphos.org?

Many thanks,
	DM