[sword-devel] Personal Commentary and Dropbox.

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 09:50:00 MST 2013

Maybe you could create a way to plug in all the various cloud services.
Make it extensible.  It would be nice to have all the same modules
across all the various sword programs on the various devices.  That may
be a bit beyond the scope of what you were talking about.  But syncing
all devices so that they can all share the same sword modules would be
great! But, choice would help facilitate that.  For example I might have
an iPhone with your program and an Ubuntu laptop with Xiphos and Bible
Time and I want to be able to read the same Bible at home and on the
train to work.  Dropbox (Ubuntu One, Evernote, etc...) would be a better
choice for users using multiple platforms.

On 02/12/2013 07:15 AM, Public wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 01:54:06 AM David Haslam wrote:
>> NB. Dropbox is not 100% secure - if you want complete security, with
> your
>> personal data encrypted at the user end, then you might wish to
> consider
>> http://viivo.com/
> My vote would be for an owncloud access option for this as well. Then I
> know my data is secure as it's on a server I personally control (for my
> personal owncloud that means one in my living room), for workers in
> hostile countries that would be important, as we don't know what kind of
> history dropbox, et al have with releasing data at the request of
> governments.

Regards