[sword-devel] Windows Unicode woes

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 07:41:39 MST 2013

I began porting the GLib wrapper functions for open, mkdir, access, etc and
stripping out the dependence on Glib-specific functions in order to work
around the engine's woes with Windows Unicode paths. I filed an API bug for
it and attached the patch I have so far. It's by no means complete and I
haven't had the opportunity to test my results on Windows but at least it's
something.

http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/browse/API-160

A brief look through the bug tracker shows 57 issues that are open against
the API project. Some of these I know are already resolved but are pending
1.7.0 release. Others have patches attached but have gone without comment
or addressing.

I don't have permissions to do anything about those which are resolved and
several of those with attached patches I don't have permission to commit
into the engine. Are any of these bugs the ones still holding up 1.7.0?

--Greg