[sword-devel] Poetry, verse 0, setIntros() and the state of things thus.

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 03:57:54 MST 2013

Yep, there are lots of inconsistencies. Hopefully over time with more
support they will tend to go away.

Just to be clear with the ESV, I doubt it is incorrectly encoded. It's just
it's not encoded in a way that greatly helps per-chapter rendering (or even
per-verse) rendering. Especially the presence of per-verse rendering (e.g.
in a list of cross-references) means that you have to be able dispense with
<lg>s and infer them from the <l> (side note: it would be nice if SWORD
provided some way of keeping track of what tags are open at which verses so
partial renders will work (e.g. for <q> - Words of Jesus, <lg>, paragraphs,
etc.))

When I looked recently, the WEB was encoded in such a way that I found I
didn't have the time to make it work properly, mostly due to the <lg> being
at the end of the previous verse - I believe due to issues with osis2mod as
previously discussed. I still think this needs fixing.
I think they should definitely be tied to the verse they start at.

God Bless,
Ben
 For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone,
declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.”
Ezekiel 18:32 (ESV)