[sword-devel] First steps in creating a WIN8 App - need help

Paul Heptin paul.heptin at gmx.de
Sat Aug 31 13:08:13 MST 2013

Hallo,

I'm Paul Heptin from Germany (please excuse my english).

I'm want to say thanks for the great work you have done and what you will
do, god bless you for this!!!

I've got a few questions about building an App for Windows 8 - using the
libsword.lib.

At first I'm using Windows 8 (64-bit) with Visual Studio 2012! I'm new to
C++ and I know only the basics in this programming language.

After spending hours of compiling the libraries I finally got all things
work! I've used this How-to:
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Tutorial:Compiling_%26_Installing_SWORD_on_Win
dows

Now I've tried to test the libsword.lib and created a project with the
simple.cpp which you had added to the "sword/examples/" folder.

I builded the project and started the .exe in commandline but I got a error
mesage wich says:

C:\Users\Familie\Desktop\Crosswire\example\Test3\Debug\Test3.exe lookup KJV
James 1:19

SWMgr: Can't find 'mods.conf' or 'mods.d'.  Try setting:

        SWORD_PATH=<directory containing mods.conf>

        Or see the README file for a full description of setup options
(<configPath is null>)

I've googled but really didn't find a solution how to set up the .conf files
and their pathes.

Here is my Project Folder (which contains my vs-project) and my Test folder
(which contains the test3.exe from above):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/il06zpxtlbglbr7/B3Od3TNbU6

And an other question is, do you know whether the libsword.lib will run
under ARM-devices? E.g for WindowsRT.?

God bless you and thank you very much for your help!!!

Regards

Paul