[sword-devel] Lexical fields

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Aug 25 05:46:20 MST 2013

There are a few things being mixed up here:

Module driver type: RawLD, zLD, etc., specified in the module's .conf
ModDrv entry.

Source text MARKUP: OSIS, TEI, ThML, specified with the SourceType entry.

Import format: OSIS, 'Imp', VPL, etc. this only dictates which import
utility is necessary to use when creating the module.

A TEI LocalOptionFilter to put TEI fields into EntryAttributes would
allow any TEI field to be searching on with SWORD.  We just need a rich
modules to prompt the need to create such.

We've discussed allowing the CLucene indexes to be created on any
EntryAttributes field, so the next step would be to determine if
indexing these fields would be worth the effort.  My guess is that you
would be <2 second response from an unindexed search right now.

Hope this helps.

Troy