[sword-devel] Warnings

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 10:31:55 MST 2013

The very latest version of SVN gives me the following warnings when
building the core library:

/home/greg/Source/sword/src/mgr/ftplibftpt.cpp: In function ‘int
sword::{anonymous}::my_fprogress(netbuf*, int, void*)’:
/home/greg/Source/sword/src/mgr/ftplibftpt.cpp:56:46: warning: ‘virtual
void sword::StatusReporter::statusUpdate(double, double)’ is deprecated
(declared at /home/greg/Source/sword/include/remotetrans.h:42)
[-Wdeprecated-declarations]

and

/home/greg/Source/sword/src/utilfuns/ftplib.c:138:14: warning: ‘version’
defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]

I would attach a patch, but Troy can probably fix it manually as quickly as
he can apply a patch from me. Looks like the deprecated function should be
updated to use ::update instead of ::statusUpdate and the 'version'
variable can be obliterated.

--Greg