[sword-devel] MinimumVersion property in module.conf files

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Aug 6 07:42:09 MST 2013

Often, there's some obvious feature that requires a minimum Sword
version. Absent that, I have been setting 1.5.8. I'll probably bump that
to 1.6.1 after the release of 1.7.0.

There are two functions of MinimumVersion. One is to shelter users from
modules they can't use. Another is to strongly encourage users to
upgrade, nag their front end's maintainers to update, or switch to a
better-maintained front end-- we don't need to be dealing with library
bugs that were fixed five years ago.

--Chris