[sword-devel] Sword support of indents and line breaks

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 12 05:27:35 MST 2013

Chris's earlier reply makes reference to some of the OSIS eXtensions
generated by his Python script (which is still being developed) usfm2osis.py

Several months ago, I added this wiki page
http://crosswire.org/wiki/List_of_eXtensions_to_OSIS_used_in_SWORD

I also analyzed Chris's script, and listed the eXtensions in the talk page
for that article. See
http://crosswire.org/wiki/Talk:List_of_eXtensions_to_OSIS_used_in_SWORD#eXtensions_generated_by_usfm2osis.py

btw. Just in case the above long URL is broken in your email client, here's
a short redirect to that section:
http://bit.ly/ZQVcJB

This should prompt a review as to how the SWORD engine will need to be
enhanced in order to implement the several NEW eXtensions to OSIS that arise
from Chris's script.

The relevance being that if we accept Peter's recommendation for a
compromise decision to implement a patch that satisfies John's proposals (&
only one eXtension is needed for that), then we ought to consider all these
other eXtensions that stem from the fact that hitherto our conversion from
USFM to OSIS has left many significant gaps.

David