[sword-devel] what happened to FreLSG?

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Oct 2 10:14:15 MST 2012

On 10/02/2012 02:29 AM, David Haslam wrote:
> Observed changes in FreSegond v1.6 include the removal of the acute accent in
> capital É.
>
> As the Divine Name in French is l'Éternel, this seems to be a retrograde
> step.
>
> Why did we assume the different source was more accurate?
> Were there other factors?
>
> David

If you observe this in FreSegond 2.0.1, let me know, but that's from a
different source than 1.6 was and includes the acute everywhere I've
looked. It's possible that not all capitals include their accents since
they're optional on capitals, but Louis Segond appears to use them,
based on this slightly older edition:
http://books.google.com/books?id=_bEG8n0orsAC

--Chris