No subject

Mon Nov 12 12:59:54 MST 2012

committed.

If this change is committed, it will break existing frontends which look
for <!P>, and it produces little or no benefit - <!P> may be invalid, but I
think it will just get ignored.
We already don't really have a good way to generate completely validated
HTML as it is as too many of the existing modules have markup issues (I've
been running across these recently...)

If it is ever a problem for anyone, I think it's easy enough to instruct
them to do the replacement just like everyone already does.

God Bless,
Ben
 For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone,
declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.=E2=80=9D
Ezekiel 18:32 (ESV)

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 12:45 PM, <cricketc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I came across the following output in various filters: <!P>. A comment
> in the code talks about this being a silent html comment that the
> front-ends can replace if desired. However, that tag is not valid
> (x)html (I guess it used to be a valid comment).
>
> I'm attaching a patch that replaces <!P> with <!--p-->, so that it's
> valid html or xhtml output, in all the filters where I found <!P>.
>
> If anyone would be willing to commit this, that would be great. Or, if
> there are changes/improvements/problems with the patch, please let me
> know.
>
> Thanks,
> -Ben

--f46d042ef74bc9ecf804d0c6d309

G&#39;day Ben,<br><br>From the viewpoint of a frontend developer, I don&#39=
;t really want this change committed.<br><br>If this change is committed, i=
t will break existing frontends which look for &lt;!P&gt;, and it produces =
little or no benefit - &lt;!P&gt; may be invalid, but I think it will just =
get ignored.<br>

We already don&#39;t really have a good way to generate completely validate=
d HTML as it is as too many of the existing modules have markup issues (I&#=
39;ve been running across these recently...)<br>
truct them to do the replacement just like everyone already does.<br><div c=
---------------------------------------------------<br>

=80=9D<br>Ezekiel 18:32 (ESV)</div>
=09
 dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:cricketc at gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">cr=
 style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

Hello,<br>
I came across the following output in various filters: &lt;!P&gt;. A commen=
t<br>
in the code talks about this being a silent html comment that the<br>
front-ends can replace if desired. However, that tag is not valid<br>
(x)html (I guess it used to be a valid comment).<br>
I&#39;m attaching a patch that replaces &lt;!P&gt; with &lt;!--p--&gt;, so =
that it&#39;s<br>
valid html or xhtml output, in all the filters where I found &lt;!P&gt;.<br=

If anyone would be willing to commit this, that would be great. Or, if<br>
there are changes/improvements/problems with the patch, please let me<br>
know.<br>
Thanks,<br>
-Ben<br>
et=3D"_blank">sword-devel at crosswire.org</a><br>