[sword-devel] Indexing modules

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue Nov 27 15:13:39 MST 2012

Chris Burrell <chris at burrell.me.uk> writes:
> I believe it's an issue with the module itself.

> org.crosswire.jsword.book.sword.SwordUtil(WARNING): Attempt to read beyond end. offset=241140 size=10 but raf.length=241140
> org.crosswire.jsword.book.sword.SwordUtil(WARNING): Matthew 12:32 has bad character 0xf at position 157 in input.

If these modules are compressed, and were created quite some time back,
then problems with incomplete compression buffer flushing are what's at
fault, as found 2 or 3 years ago.  These bugs were fixed by Troy, but I
don't know if all then-available compressed modules were re-generated to
ensure that the end-of-module content was recreated correctly.  The
particular examples at the time were more dictionaries than Bibles, but
the problem was general and would have affected any module.