[sword-devel] Indexing modules

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Tue Nov 27 01:13:14 MST 2012

Hi all

It seems some modules are incorrectly generated. I'm getting the following
warnings when I perform indexing. Is this a JSword issue? I believe it's an
issue with the module itself.  I believe there are currently 3 separate
issues:

Indexing [GerGruenewald]
org.crosswire.jsword.book.sword.SwordUtil(WARNING): Attempt to read beyond
end. offset=241140 size=10 but raf.length=241140

 Indexing [Murdock]
org.crosswire.jsword.book.sword.SwordUtil(WARNING): Matthew 12:32 has bad
character 0xf at position 157 in input.

Indexing [ChiUn]
org.crosswire.jsword.index.lucene.analysis.StrongsNumberFilter(WARNING):
Not a valid Strong's Number "H0000"Reason:Value out of range.
Value:"101961" Radix:10

Can anyone point out what the problem might be on the first one?
What is the impact of all of these errors? Presumably broken or incomplete
How would we go about fixing the modules?

The modules impacted are:
ABP
ArmEastern
Chamorro
ChiUn
Cro
CzeB21
CzeCEP
DRC
Est
GerAlbrecht
GerGruenewald
GerTafel
GerTextbibel
SweKarlXII
VietLCCMN
Vulgate_HebPs
Wulfila
Icelandic
Mal1865
ManxGaelic
Murdock
Wycliffe

I have a full list of all the warnings I got when indexing most of the
modules held in the Crosswire repositories if that's of interest to anyone.
 (think the message would bounce due to size if I posted here).
Chris