[sword-devel] New Arabic Sword Commentaries

Andrew Thule thulester at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 09:55:43 MST 2012

Hey Pola,

Working with OSIS is pretty straight forward, it's typical mark-up.  One
suggestion I found useful in this list was to try working in USFM directly
first, then convert USFM to OSIS for osis2mod.

There are PROs and CONs (and preferences) either way.  In some ways USFM is
_very_ simple mark-up:
http://paratext.org/about/usfm

My sense is that this makes working with textual issues more direct in some
sense because it reduces the complexity of the tags glutting up the
document.  Conversely though, you are one step removed from osis2mod
(usfm2osis).  Similarly working with OSIS directly obscures the text a bit
with the XML like markup, so it becomes mildly less accessible, and you
have to work with XML lint and markup formatting or you get errors, but it
seems more direct.

Best thing to do is try making your module, and bring your specific
questions to the list.  Folks here are friendly, and helpful.

~A