[sword-devel] DSS (Biblical Dead Sea Scrolls based upon DJD translations)

Andrew Thule thulester at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 23:22:31 MST 2012

If anyone's interested in comparing current English versions to what's been
found at Qumran (Dead Sea Scrolls) I've got an early, mostly working bible
based upon English translations of the Biblical Dead Sea Scrolls from the
DJD series (
http://www.oup.com/us/catalog/general/series/DiscoveriesintheJudaeanDesert/?view=usa)

You can check it out by pointing your module manager to:
Repository: 1XO
Host: ftp.1xo.net
/1xo/pub/sword/betaraw

The name of the module is DSS.

Admittedly, there are still some bugs based upon versification.  Speaking
of versification (again), may I recommend a versification scheme based upon
what 'biblical books' were found at the Dead Sea?  I'm willing to do the
work.  Surely there is value in having such a scheme?

I've tried both KJVA and NSVA versification.  Both produce abundant
errors.  (For example KJVA doesn't like some of the extra Psalms,
EpJer.6.43-44 or Tob 6.17 etc, and NSVA complains more loudly about many
more things.

Anyhow, I offer access to this module for the purpose of obtaining QA type
feedback.  Please email me suggestions for improvement.

~A