[sword-devel] Using word lists for computer assisted proof reading

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Thu May 31 02:45:36 MST 2012

While we've been generally /incommunicado/ this month, I've been exploring
the use of generated word lists as an aspect of computer assisted proof
reading.

Essentially my (TextPipe) tool generates a simple tab delimited text file in
which column 1 contains the word count and column 2 the word. Being tab
delimited format, it can easily be opened by Excel (or pasted in directly).
Then you can use the Excel data filter feature to pursue whatever curiosity
might prompt you.

*Aside*
/Currently, because of limitations with the TextPipe *Text to Word List*
filter, this is suitable mainly for English language texts that fall within
ASCII. I've persuaded DataMystic to go for complete Unicode support for this
filter, so that should eventually become available, with various options.
My utility also makes use of the *Count Duplicate Lines* filter, and this
also has similar limitations./

Just thought sharing these concepts might prompt further creative thinking
by SWORD developers.

Best regards,
David