[sword-devel] Translations that that use 'you' for both singular and plural second person pronouns?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Wed May 2 10:01:29 MST 2012

Troy is correct - I was misremembering from the distant past when I used the
NASB for regular reading.

Asterisks are used where historical presents in Greek had been translated
with an English past tense to conform to modern usage.

Yet I do also recall seeing a modern English translation in which asterisks
were used to mark you (plural).

Without some such method, passages such as Luke 22:31-32 are unclear to the
modern reader.
In this passage, 'you' (etc) for Peter is singular, but the other 'you's are
plural for all the disciples.

David