[sword-devel] TEI formatting, duplicated key (BDB Glosses)

David Troidl DavidTroidl at aol.com
Tue May 1 05:03:47 MST 2012

Hi Troy,

On 5/1/2012 2:35 AM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> Quick note before I get on a long flight back to the Good Ol' U.S. of A.
>
> There are 2 distinct uses cases to consider here:
>
> 1. Lookups of linked entries, e.g., Bible with word lemma, user hovers
> or clicks on a word.
>
> SWORD handles this use case well. The latest code in trunk allows a
> .conf entry which allows case sensitivity in keys to handle lexica
> which have entries where case matters for uniqueness.
>
> This key is not necessarily useful to display to the user, as Chris
> has suggested, so the entry title is there for display.
>
> 2. Scrolling through entries. This use case, which I hadn't thought
> highly desirable until people started complaining about sort order, we
> do not handle well. This is where we have discussed adding a second,
> human understandable sort order index and have the traversable
> interface methods use this index.
Thank you for understanding.  I don't normally make a habit of scrolling
through a dictionary for fun.  But if I look up hagios, then want to see
what hagiazo says, in Strongs this isn't a problem.  When it comes to
Middle Liddell, if I happen to know the exact accentuation of hagios, I
can probably find it in the first place, but then hagiazo may still be a
mile away, rather than a few entries.

David