[sword-devel] HTML5 front-end

John Austen gpl.programs.info at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 07:13:56 MST 2012

Yes, internet would be required to view, search, and interact with Bible
texts in this case. But things like bookmarks and personal settings
could be stored locally in cookies.

If someone wants a browser based offline SWORD program, the new xulsword
(aka "Holy Bible") Firefox add-on would be an option (it is currently
available for Windows, but a Linux version should be coming in the
future). FireBible is another option which integrates into the browser
more and also works offline. There may be other solutions as well.

John