[sword-devel] WikiMedia Extension:SyntaxHighlight GeSHi

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 10:33:48 MST 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Kahunapule Michael Johnson
<kahunapule at mpj.cx> wrote:
> On 03/05/2012 03:20 AM, Greg Hellings wrote:
>> You seem quite taken with USFM, but remember that CrossWire and SWORD
>> do not support USFM as an import or display format. Therefore
>> information beyond just how to convert USFM into OSIS or ThML or GBF
>> which are supported is not really of importance.
>
> USFM is the format that literally hundreds of minority-language Bible translations exists in. Are you saying that the Sword Project is not interested in importing those?

The SWORD project does not import USFM and I've never heard anyone say
that they are interested in providing a mechanism for doing so. SWORD
supports OSIS, ThML, and GBF. A script has been created to assist in
converting USFM into a format that SWORD does support, but there has
been no indication that SWORD supports USFM or is likely to do so.
Thus my point was: why would we want functionality in our wiki for
supporting supporting display of a format that the project does not
support?

--Greg