[sword-devel] Weird Module Behavior

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 19:52:50 MST 2012

So I'm importing a basic module. It's in imp format with ThML markup
sprinkled throughout. The module starts off with the following text
http://pastebin.com/NFJ4sNim and I'm importing it with the command
"imp2vs KJV4W/SL_KJV4W.thml -4 -o KJV4W". However, when I try to read
the module with a front end I get output that is represented by this
odd behavior with Diatheke: http://pastebin.com/67z9aWZx.

As you can see, the output of diatheke (and Xiphos and BibleTime
behave this way as well) gives blank content for Genesis 1:1, 2, 4, 6
while the text of 1:1 is found, badly mangled, in 1:3. The text of 1:3
is found stripped of all markup in 1:5, and the combined text of
verses 1-5 is found in 1:7.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here? The output from imp2vs
appears straightforward enough to me, it finds each entry, adds it to
the module and moves along to the next verse. None of those "empty"
verses are indicating empty or near empty verse sizes in the output.

Uhhh... what?

--Greg