[sword-devel] OSIS example

Daniel Owens dhowens at pmbx.net
Sun Mar 4 17:21:53 MST 2012

On 03/04/2012 06:09 PM, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> Daniel Owens<dhowens at pmbx.net>  writes:
> Ummmm... In a fit of freakishness I had not anticipated at all, I just
> discovered 2 minutes ago that Xiphos has never offered variant support
> for OSIS at all; the conditional to find variants looked only for
> ThML. This has apparently been an oversight since The Dawn Of
> Net.Time. I've fixed it and am running the updated build, so now I can
> select primary -vs- secondary again from Xiphos' context menu. But
> doing so has no effect on the content, which looks...odd. See
> screenshot from Tisch:
> http://karl.kleinpaste.org/xiphos/tisch-osisvariants-luke.3.35.png The
> secondary, which places a leading accent on Ραγαῦ, is displayed /along
> with/ the primary, as though it was a sort of lemma. This is very
> wrong, and is very specifically a filter problem.
I noticed this very verse after using mod2osis to see how the Tisch
module handles variants, and it outputs as this:

<w lemma="strong:G4466 lemma.Strong:Ῥαγαῦ lemma.ANLEX:Ῥαγαύ
variant.Qere:Ῥαγαῦ" morph="robinson:N-PRI">Ραγαῦ</w>

This is strange markup indeed, but I was not able to find any other kind
of variant markup in that module. I may check the other modules you
mention.

Daniel