[sword-devel] OSIS Users Manual considered confusing

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sat Mar 3 17:36:41 MST 2012

On 03/03/12 16:47, Matěj Cepl wrote:

> OK, so duly noted ... there isn't widely held agreement even on this
> list on this (see e.g., I found in the list couple of clear statements
> in the opposite direction ... although, thinking about it, I don't see
> anything more natural on paragraphs which are arbitrarily put there now
> by the publishers (am I right?) than on chapter/verse structure put
> there couple of centuries ago. Neither of which has anything to do with
> the original writers of Bible (are there any supporters of divine
> inspiration of paragraph marks around?).

While search for John 3:16 might be the more common use case, reading
will more than likely cover a section or at least a couple of paragraphs.

Sections and paragraphs are the logical outflow of linguistic markers
and content.

At least for the OT, paragraphing and sectioning is ancient. Like,
seriously ancient. Pre-Christian ancient.

Peter