[sword-devel] OSIS Users Manual considered confusing

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Sat Mar 3 12:55:39 MST 2012

On 3.3.2012 20:38, Kahunapule Michael Johnson wrote:
> Bible formatting that were not shared by my good friends, the Bible
> translators. That means that either the Bible formatting has to

Tell me about. What I am doing is converting from the document actually
created as a product of translation, which was actually used (I wonder
how) in producing printed Bibles. I have been blessed by the fact that
it is XML. I have been less blessed by it being very obviously
completely non-designed scheme created as need happened (XML element
<amacron/> FTW!; and that's one of around twenty of similar elements).
It has not only milestoned verses (which seems to be common), but also
milestoned paragraphs (which apparently is not proper OSIS).

> I applaud any effort to directly support USFM (or an equivalent XML
> format like USX) in any component of SWORD, because that is where the
> majority of minority-language translations are.

Hmm, interesting. Is there a quality usfx2mod program? Should I switch
from OSIS to USFX? I really don't want to work on non-XML format given I
have XML sources and XSLT scripts to work on it.

> except the emergence of OXES (and attempt to make OSIS more
> practical)

Where does it grow?

Matěj

This message has been composed of recycled electrons. None of
these electrons has been harmed or injured in the creation and
transmission of this message but they have been shamelessly
exploited for this use.