[sword-devel] osis2mod bug - PLEASE HELP

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Mar 2 23:25:33 MST 2012

On 03/02/2012 06:58 AM, Brian J Dumont wrote:
> On 03/02/2012 09:13 AM, Greg Hellings wrote:
>> 2012/3/2 Brian J Dumont<brian.j.dumont at gmail.com>:
>>> Hi Matej,
>>>
>>> The difference is that you compiled it as a compressed module.  This
>>> makes
>>> the limit to be 64kb per section after it is zipped.  If you triple the
>>> contents of the<div>  then you'd have the same trouble.
>>>
>>> I avoided using a zipped module so that the issue wasn't confused,
>>> but it
>>> also happens with zipped modules.
>> I was under the impression that zipped modules do not suffer from the
>> 64K section limit but perhaps I am mistaken.
>>
>> --Greg
>>
> I can't guarantee that the actual internal problem is identical, but
> if not then a very similar problem exists using zipped modules.  I
> first noticed the problem when using compressed modules exclusively.
>
> Brian

I can confirm, to my surprise, that compressed modules appear unable to
accommodate entries above 64kb. I tested osis2mod's ability to generate
compressed modules as well as mod2zmod's ability to compress RawText4
modules, and neither work. I also tried out LZSS compression & variable
compression granularities, so it's probably something upstream in zText,
zVerse, or such.

--Chris