[sword-devel] HTML5 File API and SWORD modules

Stephan info at tetzels.de
Tue Jul 31 06:20:16 MST 2012

Hi,

>> Converting the modules to JSON format may be also an option, although
>> there is the 2.5/5MB size limit for localStorage / IndexDB, but it would
>> be easier to read such files.
>
> OTOH, it is apparently possible to store files (as type blob or file) in
> IndexedDB without conversion to JSON
> (https://developer-new.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/IndexedDB,
> http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/02/saving-images-and-files-in-localstorage/,
> and
> http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/02/storing-images-and-files-in-indexeddb/), which
> stores files locally (outside of JSON storage) and should have virtually
> no limits on size.

There seems to be a 50MB limit for IndexedDB in Firefox (can be extended
via user interaction) and an unlimited storage in Chrome (you also have
to ask the user). If you can store sword modules in indexedDB, you still
have to read them.

Did anybody try to read a sword module with javascript? Where do I find
some documenation about the internal module format and how to access the
data inside (without using the the c++ sword library)?

~Stephan