[sword-devel] Legitimate FTP Mirrors & Module Distribution Rights Question

Andrew Thule thulester at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 12:20:57 MST 2012

I think the vision of having the module source provider 'contribute'
the module at a site (such as NET coming from crossway) is also a good
one.  That at least means should a single module source be 'shutdown',
others are still available, (even if not containing the module a users
trying to get).  For InstallMgr to support something like this would
be good.

(I spend much time in a heavily mined landlocked South-East Asian
Islamic country where becoming a Christian was punishable by death.
Crosswire was not accessible - and it was a real impediment

How does InstallMgr work when I go to the main Crosswire site and
download a module like KJV (version 2.3) and then update source from
say Crosswire Beta where it sees KJV (version 2.4) and suggests an
update (or is this a Xiphos thing)?

That's very nice 'feature' where it sees the module the same though
the source may be different (I presume by seeing the upgrade to
"Version=" in the .conf file).  Should an install module  software
support multiple sites, it would be very nice to continue recognizing
modules as the same regardless of their source.

~A