[sword-devel] Speaking of Fonts (free?) ...

Andrew Thule thulester at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 10:50:16 MST 2012

David, from your post the 'Ezra SIL Hebrew Unicode Font' is a stunning
font also.  I didn't have that one, so downloaded and installed it.  I
think it is similar to the FreeSerif font contained in the Open Siddur
font set though with a bit more aspect to it (more boldlike)

I think for Hebrew at least (at least how Xiphos renders them) the
Ezra SIL is one of the better ones, but i"m still partial to the
FreeSerif font contained in the Open Siddur set. They are both
traditional, and crisp enough beginning readers of Hebrew can readily
recognize them but the FreeSerif is slightly less 'bold' which works
well with the other English fonts.

~A