[sword-devel] coptic -vs- fonts

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Sun Jul 29 04:56:51 MST 2012

On 29/07/2012, at 8:28 AM, Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> wrote:

> It looks like Ubuntu employs Code2001 to display Gothic. The best source for Code200* these days appears to be the Wayback Machine:http://web.archive.org/web/20110108105420/http://code2000.net/

Ahh, I include code2000 with PS and when I grabbed it last year sometime I found it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/code2000/ -- at that point it was claiming to be released into the public domain.  As you can see, that sourceforge project is now rather dead, so I'm wondering what the copyright status of the fonts are now?  Would be a pain to have to remove it from PS, but I'm interested in hearing what other people think?  If Ubuntu now uses it, that's a pretty good sign they think it's public domain?  Or did someone pay for a licence for them?  Or . . .  ???