[sword-devel] USFM character encodings

refdoc@gmx.net refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Jul 26 05:16:04 MST 2012

I do not think it Is necessary

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
From: "Chris Little" <chrislit at crosswire.org>
To: "SWORD Developers' Collaboration Forum" <sword-devel at crosswire.org>
Subject: [sword-devel] USFM character encodings
Date: Thu, Jul 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Has anyone ever used the -e switch of usfm2osis.pl to do character encoding conversion on USFM docs as they're being converted to OSIS?

I'm doing the Python rewrite of usfm2osis and wondered whether I can safely dump this functionality. It shouldn't be difficult to implement, but it the usage statement would be much cleaner without it. Personally, I would likely use uconv to change encoding as a preprocessing step, but if anyone actually desires to keep this in the markup conversion script, I'll include it.

--Chris