[sword-devel] USFM character encodings

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Jul 26 04:49:23 MST 2012

Has anyone ever used the -e switch of usfm2osis.pl to do character
encoding conversion on USFM docs as they're being converted to OSIS?

I'm doing the Python rewrite of usfm2osis and wondered whether I can
safely dump this functionality. It shouldn't be difficult to implement,
but it the usage statement would be much cleaner without it. Personally,
I would likely use uconv to change encoding as a preprocessing step, but
if anyone actually desires to keep this in the markup conversion script,
I'll include it.

--Chris