[sword-devel] Titles and other Inter-verse material

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 24 10:19:06 MST 2012

Thanks DM,

Calming it may be to have someone understand me and carefully explain what's
going on "under the hood",
yet I was making an observation about what seemed to be required for any
paragraphed Bible,
even for one that could (in theory at least) be entirely without "section
divisions" and/or "headings".

The empirical "kludge" of placing both </p> and <p> BEFORE the previous
verse eID milestone was certainly very intriguing.
It left me wondering what was really happening and why!

Yet more to the point, attempting to apply a similar "kludge" to verses that
are the start of some poetry lines - this was found empirically to be
impossible.
The first line of the poetry always seemed to end up being orphaned from its
start verse tag, no matter what sequence I tried.

It was at that stage I gave up trying to work it out for myself, being
content to describe these observations to Peter (and to yourself - if I
remember aright), and hope that eventually the C++ and Java programmers
would come up with a solution.

Yet I did feel that this was certainly related to how "titles" are filtered,
seeing as the same sort of thing would occur when a preverse title was
present AFTER the current verse sID milestone.

ybic,
David