[sword-devel] Titles and other Inter-verse material

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Jul 23 10:12:56 MST 2012

> Von: DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org>
> Mark titles with x-preverse.

DM, this is exactly what we do at the moment - see svn/sword-tools/modules/misc_cleanup/titles_cleanup.pl (or some such path, sorry not at home) Not terribly successful, as it causes all kinds of problems with titles which are not preverse, but nevertheless. Without it titles behave totally arbitrary - some toggle, many do not.

I appreciate the suggestion with -d 2 and re-running the import. This is new to me and might indeed be helpful. It is endlessly frustrating to get to the bottom of the whole pre-verse debacle.

As an aside, you seem to bemoan that all kinds of other material is toggled by the "title" switch. I thought this was desired and I certainly did not think this was unusual. In fact I always saw the toggle as one which switches between naked canonical text and text + "extras" - and considered the "title" name for the switch simply an anachronism.

Peter