[sword-devel] Semantic & Bible study

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Jul 23 07:38:20 MST 2012

On 21/07/12 03:37, Kunio Nakamaru wrote:

> So far I found this language seems to be good at making things
>  "semantic" or "AI", like LISP in a way. I am wondering if this feature
> can be well applied to the Bible study.

One of the places where "AI" would be helpful is creation of intelligent
linking/marking up.

There are databases for e.g. Bible names and places, but mostly in English.

There are also Strong encoded Bibles - again mostly in English.

For the last few years I have been working on/off on the creation of
tools to create study bible modules in arbitrary languages - not just
English.

If Scala and your skills could be helpful there - this would be wonderful.

Peter