[sword-devel] Question about Module Names, conf files, OSIS.xml (and fonts)

Andrew Thule thulester at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 12:56:35 MST 2012

Chris thanks for your reply.

>> So Inuktitut is in Alkitab's database, where it was missing from Xiphos' (or there was some other problem there).

It doesn't seem to be completely so.  Xiphos renders Inuktitut
properly in the bible window and gives you the ability to expressly
choose fonts for bible rendering.  In the left pane (module window)
however the same is not true.  This problem isn't even typically of
all Xiphos instances.  In Linux the font renders properly as an
Inuktitut descriptor just as Kloine Greek and Hebrew do - however in
Windows it isn't so.  As far as I can tell it can't find the proper
font for UTF8 in the 'module window' whereas it can in the bible
window.  Font settings also only seem to affect one and not the other.
I can send a screen shot if anyone cares to see (or the OSIS text for
Inuktitut for testing purposes only).

Also thanks for pointing out errors in the .conf file, fixed and very
much appreciated.