[sword-devel] Bindings Updates

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 11:18:38 MST 2012

Users of the bindings:

As SWORD moves towards 1.7 I plan to do a little housekeeping on the
bindings. Currently when they build they produce numerous warnings.
Most of these are related to casts and I don't plan to look into them
at the present time. A few of them are deprecation warnings related to
SWORD's own deprecated methods (methods like Index() and Traversable()
which have been deprecated in the SWORD engine for a few versions
now). Those related to SWORD's deprecated methods I plan to clean out
and change to their new forms (setIndex() and getIndex(), etc). If
this causes problems for anyone, let me know and I'll hold off.

I don't know how to use SWIG to set a method as deprecated to produce
proper warnings in anyone's scripts and applications. If no one
objects loudly, I'll make this change probably early next week. After
that time you'll be able to give your scripts or applications a shot
against the bindings before we get to an alpha/beta/rc cycle with the
engine.

--Greg