[sword-devel] SFM to OSIS

John Austen gpl.programs.info at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 02:44:48 MST 2012

Hi Jonathan,

Depending on what features your SFM files have, and depending on how
standard your SFM files are, (I've not used the usfm2osis.pl but the
name implies it may only be intended for USFM but not non-standard SFM),
you may run into difficulties. I use a set of Perl scripts which I wrote
years ago, which convert SFM (of almost any flavor) to Sword compatible
OSIS files. They also parse Scripture references from headings and
footnotes as well as add glossary links if you have a glossary. I've had
good success using them to convert basically any SFM, but they're not
terribly simple to use, and you'd need to read some script comments/code
to do everything. I've recently been using the scripts (again) and am
thinking about putting them on Google Code or somewhere, so if you're
interested let me know, and that'll be the kick in the pants I need to
get them online.

John