[sword-devel] First post (hey everyone, God bless you)

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Jan 1 23:40:16 MST 2012

Happy New Year to you, Brian!

Many thanks for your email to the list.

I am no programmer, but am mostly busy with creating Bible modules in
languages other than English (last were Turkish, Azeri, Kurdish and some
others). One thing I rely heavily upon are the SWIG bindings for Perl (I
use Perl scripting a lot). And at the moment they do not compile. Fixing
them is beyond me.

There has always been some problem or other with the SWIG bindings
system. A whole bunch of bindings never really compiled (PHP etc) , Perl
and Python lived a bit day by day. Perl compilation always had (even
when successful) a huge number of warnings suggesting not all is well.

Your project to create Ruby bindings suggests to me that you know your
way round SWIG.

Could I ask you to have a look at these other bindings and maybe even
make them work smoothly? This would be wonderful!

Yours

Peter