[sword-devel] HTML5 front-end

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 06:46:25 MST 2012

Hi Matej,

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 12:38 AM, Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com> wrote:

> With the advent of Boot2Gecko (and ChromeOS and iPad) it is getting
> increasingly interesting to have HTML5 version of Sword client. I know it
> is very difficult (it would probably require porting of a lot of C/C++ code
> to Javascript, also I have no idea how to store in IndexedDB or some other
> HTML5 storage something so huge as Bible text), but I am interested if
> anybody thought about something like that.
>
> In meanwhile, is there a mobile version of http://www.crosswire.org/**
> study/ <http://www.crosswire.org/study/> ?

It's not a SWORD project, but you might be interested in the (very) recent
blog post about such a piece of software at
http://donteatthefruit.com/2012/02/powerful-secure-bible-software-for-closed-countries-and-you/.
The code is on github and the license compatible with SWORD if anyone
wanted to extend it or borrow pieces of it.

Jon