[sword-devel] BibleCS Windows RC (Re: Xiphos 3.1.5 is released)

David Troidl DavidTroidl at aol.com
Sat Feb 25 05:55:01 MST 2012

Hi Jon,

On 2/25/2012 6:46 AM, Jonathan Morgan wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 7:12 AM, <davidtroidl at aol.com
> <mailto:davidtroidl at aol.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Troy,
>
>     I ran the portable BibleCS at school.  Generally, it works very
>     well.  One major problem: Install Manager requires administrator
>     privileges.  So I can't use it on the school computers.  Not good
>     for a portable app.
>
>     More minor is that I now have two separate SWORD installations on
>     my flash drive.  I've been using BPBible ever since they came out
>     with the portable app.  It would be nice to limit the duplication.
>

> While I understand your point, I don't think this is any different
> from the whole question of having multiple SWORD front ends in the
> first place.  This happens because different people either prefer
> different frontends, or are aware of different frontends, or like to
> use some for one thing and some for another.  While having BPBible as
> the only portable app available would suit me just fine, it isn't
> necessarily the best solution for everyone.
My point is not about duplication of front ends.  One of the features
Troy implemented in BibleCS allows it to play nicely with other
installed front ends, and share the installed books, without duplicating
them.  Doing the same on the flash drive would be especially helpful,
because memory is much more limited in that context.

David