[sword-devel] vpl2mod

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Feb 20 15:22:32 MST 2012

First, please use imp2vs. It's virtually the same as vpl2mod, but better
supported and will likely lead to fewer errors. To convert `vpl' to
`imp' format, change:

gen 1:1 <text of Gen 1:1>

$$$gen 1:1
<text of Gen 1:1>

In Perl-style regex syntax, this would be:
s/^(.+? \d+:\d:+) /\$\$\$$1\n/
Or with a single emacs regex replace (C-M-% by default), you can search on:
(note final space) and replace with
$$$\1^J
(C-Q C-J to produce the newline ^J)
Other editors may have other methods of doing regex replace.

Your chief problem, however, is that you have saved your file with an
editor that inserts the Unicode BOM. You may achieve the desired result
by deleting the first three characters of the file. (Or, doing so may
simply reveal the next error.)

--Chris