[sword-devel] Av11n and coverage

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sun Feb 12 18:04:54 MST 2012

On Feb 12, 2012, at 6:16 PM, Ben Morgan wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 8:58 AM, DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> wrote:
> In the case of synodal it has 100 verses in Daniel 3. Protestant synodal would be 33 (IIRC). It might need to be at the verse level.
> I think frontends should handle missing verses properly themselves, regardless of the scope field (BPBible does I believe).

I agree. And I think that all frontends do handle missing verses in some fashion or another. I'm not sure what proper is. Bible Desktop shows a verse number and no content. I think it should change, but not sure how.

But the question started with how to use Synodal versification (which contains DC material) to only present the Protestant canon so as to not offend and also not to have a proliferation of versifications. (I'm glad for David's clarification on Daniel 3.)