[sword-devel] proposed patch: adding n=X marker content to footnotes and xrefs

Daniel Owens dhowens at pmbx.net
Sat Feb 11 12:52:48 MST 2012

On 02/11/2012 09:27 AM, Greg Hellings wrote:
> What I have tried to propose before with CSS, and what Karl has
> proposed here with footnote and cross-reference notes is that the
> application ought to provide good defaults (generated cross-reference
> and footnote markers when they are lacking) but to honor the module
> creator's request when it is given.

I am not aware of what the downside is to this, but as a module-creator
I want more control over how things display, and as a user I want to be
able to cite a source as precisely as possible. Providing the option to
display the footnote label as indicated serves both interests.

What I am not clear about is what the downside to this philosophy is.

Daniel