[sword-devel] Av11n and coverage

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri Feb 10 18:19:41 MST 2012

On 10/02/12 22:11, DM Smith wrote:
> The motivation that Peter mentioned was to use a versification (Synodal) that contained deuterocanonical material for a module that excluded such content.

Yes, this was the main initial reason to get this info.

We do have a whole bunch of texts in the pipeline which will never grow
beyond a odd selection of books - Genesis, Exodus, Psalms, Matthew,
Luke, Acts and Romans, e.g./

Usually these are translations which are meant largely for an audience
which has a primary language and then a state language. Latter being
used for educational purposes, former being educationally neglected or
even suppressed. So the translation is one to touch and interest people,
but people will usually naturally drift towards the larger/complete
translation in the state language.

So for this "scope" is already useful - not showing empty books, but
only those actually present.

And then there is the av11n problem with Protestant translations in e.g.
Synodal format. Chris has scuttled the SynodalP versification for
reasons of mostly abundance of errors, but protestant translations do
not only not have, say, Wisdom or Jesus Sirach, but actually actively do
not want these in there. All frontends will show empty books and this
gives simply the wrong impression.

A scope parametre would allow for an easy solution of this problem. And,
yes, I agree a automatic addition would be useful.

Peter