[sword-devel] [jsword-devel] Av11n and coverage

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 00:00:32 MST 2012

Hi all,

This proposal of Peter's received a lot of discussion back in January.
However, when I look at the Wiki I see that "Scope" is listed in the conf
file specification as a "proposed" conf file element which may change.  A
few questions:
1. What will it take for this specification to be "Complete"?
2. Are there plans to change the conf files of existing modules that
require it?  If so, when?
3. Will/should this affect only Bibles, or will it affect commentaries as
well? (e.g. TDavid, which is theoretically only Psalms but in the current
SWORD version has some of the Psalms commentary under Malachi).
4. Will there be any changes at the engine level (e.g. to view Matthew 1:2
as an invalid reference for a book with only NT, and to change module
iteration appropriately if there are gaps), or will every frontend need to
parse and use the "Scope" parameter? (which from what I can see could get a
little complicated).

The reason I ask is because I've been fixing bugs in BPBible handling of
OT-only and NT-only books.

Thanks,
Jon