[sword-devel] filter <!P> patch

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sat Dec 15 07:58:32 MST 2012

David Haslam <dfhmch at googlemail.com> writes:
> The pilcrows in the KJV module are in the OSIS XML source text.

Yes, indeed they are.  And it turns out that they are coming out from
the engine effort, not from Xiphos' post-engine hackery.  Matt 22:11,
catching the content immediately after the engine's output:

(gdb) p rework->str
$13 = (gchar *)
    0x5e22190 "<span class=\"wordsOfJesus\"> ¶And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:</span> "

¶ is already there.  I checked that chapter because of the mention in
the ref'd web page of ¶ without space.

Now, I don't know how the engine is doing that, because the only
appearances of a literal ¶ character in the Sword code are in a couple
of ThML filters.

$ grep -r ¶ . | fgrep -v .svn
./src/modules/filters/thmlplain.cpp:			else if (!strncmp("para", token, 4)) text += "¶";
./src/modules/filters/thmlxhtml.cpp:	addAllowedEscapeString("para");   // "¶"
./src/modules/filters/thmlhtmlhref.cpp:	addAllowedEscapeString("para");   // "¶"

Xiphos' ¶ post-hackery apparently hasn't done anything in a very long
time.  I can't say how or when this happened, but the question has
become completely irrelevant.