[sword-devel] filter <!P> patch

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Fri Dec 14 05:58:34 MST 2012

Ben Morgan <benpmorgan at gmail.com> writes:
> Look back at the conversations on ' div type="paragraph" ' from September.
> Troy said he was happy to remove <!P> if Xiphos didn't use it. Someone
> needs to work out why it's in there, and whether it is really needed, then
> probably adapt the filters to remove it altogether if possible (possibly
> replacing it with something else).

I already mentioned back on 17 Sep that Xiphos' very old (pre-me) code
which detects <!P> is there only to substitute &para; into the stream
afterward.  It's used exclusively for KJV (hardcoded), and I wondered
aloud then (and still now) whether this is something that properly
belongs in the filter to begin with, and to apply to KJV-related
modules, to which no one had any reaction.

Take <!P> out.  Optionally put &para; in, and make it specific to
KJV-ish modules.