[sword-devel] OSIS book abbreviations for Sword updated

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Aug 31 14:09:53 MST 2012

On 08/27/2012 07:59 PM, Andrew Thule wrote:
> Chris, good work.  Can I recommend names of the Greek form, such as
> the following:
>
> Esias
> Jeremias
> Osee
> Obdias
> Michaeas
> Naum
> Ambacum
> Sophonias
> Aggaeus
>
> Since they are associated with the LXX and appear Anglicized in
> English versions.
> ~A

I wouldn't have any issue with adding romanized Greek book names to
locales or the master list of book abbreviations in Sword. Whether it
would be useful depends on whether anyone would attempt to query a verse
based on the Greek name, though.

It shouldn't be necessary to add these names to the OSIS book
abbreviations wiki page since only unpredictable variant names are
listed there. Variant names are only intended for informational purposes
and won't necessarily be translated to code.

--Chris